+ 27 21 300 1314
This exceptional candidate has strong communications, organizational and leadership skills. He has his B-Tech Degree – Advanced Business Management, Certificate in Business Logistics: A Transport Approach. He has 19 years of experience in the logistics industry and was employed as the General Manager of one of the largest bulk liquid storage provider in South Africa for 12 years. He was responsible for Setting and implementing strategy, setting and managing budgets, capital expenditure, profit and loss, risk management, quality management, operations management (vessel, road/rail & drumming), industrial relations, safety management, customer management, business analytics, project management, SAP ERP implementation.
- Implemented 24 hour site activity plan which detailed vessel, road, rail, drumming, transfers and tank heating.
- Reduced average truck turnaround times to 127mins per road vehicle.
- Reinforced business rules to manage tank heating which reduced heating costs by 30%.
- Implemented a customer complaint system which ensured that all complaints were dealt with within agreed time-frames with accurate and useful reporting.
- Standardised Incident Investigations to ensure all investigations found root cause and established both corrective and preventative measures.
- Established Service Levels Agreements with top 15 customers.
- Customer complaints down 50% year on year.
- Overtime reduced by 43% year on year.
- Reduced stock losses from 0.5% to 0.15%
- Business Process Leader (Operations) for Project Shanela – SAP ERP implementation project.
- Awarded 2016 Safety Management Award from TNPA
He was recently retrenched and is currently seeking a new challenge. He is available immediately and is willing to relocate. His last salary was 90k.
For more information on this candidate please contact Niki 021 3001314