+ 27 21 300 1314
V1057 Permanent Constantia
Our client, a 5 star Hotel is seeking a Food and Beverage Stock Controller to :
Ensure that par levels are checked daily. Monitor the beverage stock daily.
Minimum Experience and Qualification Required:
- 3-5 years experience in food and beverage stock control
- Accounting designation is beneficial
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to motivate employees and proven leadership skills.
- Familiarity with Financials System, Reporting System, Micros POS and Excel
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks.
- Must be willing to accept assignments on as need basis, in order to promote teamwork.
- Must have a commitment to follow all local and corporate policies and procedures as they relate to the position.
- Must be self-motivated and possess a high degree of analytical ability and confidentiality, and work in a safe, prudent and organized matter.
Key Performance Objectives:
- Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare and analyse food and beverage costs monthly, and recommend alternatives to improve costs.
- Assist in the monthly food and beverage inventories count and extension.
- Establish and maintain a database for food and beverage inventory stock including up-to-date pricing.
- Ensure proper storage and issuance of all food and beverage items.
- Establish and maintain a cost allocation transfer system for food and beverage supplies to the various departments. Summarize these transactions for each financial period close.
- Cost all food and beverage items and where practical, input these costs into the point of sales system and generate monthly potential food and beverage cost of sales.
- Price all food and beverage storeroom requisitions and compute the following:
- 10/20/Monthly food and beverage actual costs by outlet
- Monthly storeroom variances for food and beverage
- Prepare F&B reports as requested by management.
- Complete stock management – receiving/stock rotation/variance checks
- Assist management in menu costing in order to establish menu item sale prices.
- Establish and monitor the following operational controllers in the banquets and food and beverage outlets:
- Cash Bars
- Menu Items (ensure that they are properly rung up the system)
- Liquor pouring procedures
- Guest check void controls
- Cash handling and check settlement
- Operation inventories and reconciliations
- Point of Sale system user capabilities and controls
- Portion controls
Should you meet the requirements, please email your cv to email@example.com or contact – 021 3001314
Date Posted: 01/02/2018