+ 27 21 300 1314
Assistant General Manager
V885 Permanent Plettenberg Bay
Our client, a luxury, 5 star boutique hotel is looking to employ an Assistant General Manager:
- To support and deputize for the General Manager and to liaise with him on a daily basis and keep informed of all developments in the hotel and the Collection
- Responsible to assist and give advice on all aspects of operations with the following departments: Front Office / Reception, Housekeeping, F & B, Maintenance & Gardens
- To ensure that operations in these areas as well as all the other areas in the hotel is smooth running and to the highest of standards, thereby maximizing Guest satisfaction
Minimum Requirements for this role:
- Hotel Management Qualification
- Sound knowledge of Rooms Division, Food and Beverage & Maintenance
- 3-4 years’ work experience in a well-recognized five-star hotel in a senior management position – Head of Department / Operations Manager level.
We are looking for someone who possesses the following skills:
- Management experience
- Computer literate
- Excellent attention to detail
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Daily liaising with Head of Departments and providing a leadership and mentorship role.
- Developing above aspects as well as leadership motivational skills with all Managers
- Driving and encouraging communication between all Head of Departments and find ways of improving communication wherever possible
- Continuous communication and interaction with guests – ensuring they are receiving the best possible service
- Benchmarking and quality control of standards of all aspects of the operation
- Trouble shooting
- Plan, develop and implement the property’s policies and goals, maximizing standards of guest service, occupancy rates and revenue goals
- Performs daily and weekly property inspections. Ensuring property, grounds rooms and back of house and front of house areas are maintained to standard. Monitors maintenance progress, recommend improvement and prepare status reports.
- Ensure hotel supplies are ordered and stocked in advance of need and perform monthly inventories and counts on housekeeping for linen & amenities
- Uphold and enforce the property’s mission and standards
- Ensure that all aspects of the operations are fulfilled to the highest of standards
- Promote proactive service delivery and maintenance
- Overseeing the ‘Manager on duty’ function and ensuring duties are carried out and the information gathered is communicated and acted upon and that accurate handover are given. Work weekends, holidays, and late and middle shifts as assigned to ensure management visibility when GM is not on duty and during peak season.
- Implementation of improvements with regards to all operational procedures
- Assisting with IR issues
- Chairing disciplinary hearings and assist with grievances
- To achieve and maintain all budgets set out within the financial year
- Ensuring budgets are adhered to
- To keep expenditure to a minimum
- Attend Conference calls on a weekly and monthly basis
- Assist General Manager with General Managers reports
- Assist with identifying areas in which upgrades are needed or reductions can be made.
Marketing & Relationship building:
- Liaison with external Influences such as other General Managers, Restaurant owners, Council, Forums, Chambers, Associations etc. in the Greater Plettenberg area
Health & Safety
- Ensure hotel compliance with all Occupational Health and Safety standards and procedures.
- Assist General Manager to ensure all procedures are in place with OHS
- To ensure that high standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained in all areas and that it complies with company rules & regulations as set out by Food Consulting services and the Collection.
- Assist in monitoring & checking the above on a regular basis, analyse results and follow through on correcting any issues
- Regular liaisons with all HOD’s re operational procedures within relevant departments
- Ensuring staff are performing at optimum efficiency within their departments
- To keep up high level of staff morale
- Managers Roster
- Disciplinary issues
- Assist the General Manager in his daily duties and strive for staff wellbeing
- Drive all on-going HR projects as well as brainstorming and strategizing new projects
- Drive the training program together with HR Manager and HOD’s
- Conducting performance reviews whenever scheduled
- Interviewing of all new staff when required, ensuring proper screening processes completed
- To maintain strict security standards to avoid damage or theft
- Ensure Hotel is safe and security is alert at all times
- Responds to all guest and employee emergencies and ensure correct procedures are followed and paperwork submitted.
Should you meet the requirements, please email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact – 021 3001314
Date Posted: 07/08/2017