+ 27 21 300 1314
Clinical Support Technician
V1076 Permanent Johannesburg
Our client is looking for a junior technician in our JHB Office (Weltevreden Park) at a starting salary of R12 000 before taxes and deductions. The initial employment will be for a probationary internship of 6 months. During this time they will undergo intense online, hands on training and self study material. They will be provided with a cell phone and a Laptop. They will be required to have their own reliable transport and we will cover all petrol & running costs associated with use of their vehicle for business use in accordance with the Automobile Associations recommended rates. Having successfully completed the 6 Months of probation, training and internship they will be offered a permanent placement and placed onto the company provident fund. Furthermore, we meet half half the costs of a Medical Aid package for the individual. All possible candidates will be required to complete an in house, hand written assessment before being interviewed, which normally takes about 45 min.
The primary job responsibilities associated with the appointment of this position are as follows:
- In theatre Clinical & Technical support of image guided surgery systems.
- Collection of equipment and stock from suppliers and clients.
- Installation, Repair, Maintenance & Setup of Navigation Systems, Ultrasound Imaging, DICOM Images, Medical Planning Software and Displays & related equipment.
- Diagnostics, Faultfinding and repair.
- Training of theatre staff, medical assistants & Radiology Staff.
The candidate will be trained to install, maintain and support our range of specialized medical hardware and software in a clinical environment.
They will be trained in:
– All of our specialised medical equipment and software.
– Medical terminology, Anatomy and a wide range of surgical procedures ranging from Craniotomies, Spinal Fusions, Biopsies, Knee & Hip replacements, Deep Brain Stimulation, Vertebroplasy, advanced Imaging procedures and ultrasound imaging and integration.
– Medical Imaging modalities namely C-Arm Xray, CT, MRI, FMRI and the necessary protocols. Incl. DICOM Datasets & Networking
They will be required to drive around to hospitals and may have to work after hours and weekends. They may also be required to travel countrywide from time to time.
They must be able to handle working in a surgical environment and meet the extreme demands of medical professionals. We’re ultimately looking for a junior technical person who is sharp, reliable, is presentable and a team player.
We will be putting in a lot of time and effort to get this applicant up to speed and therefore need the applicant to be sure this is the field they would like to be in for the long haul.
We will not tolerate candidates being late for interviews, as we can never tolerate staff being late for a theatre case, regardless of whether they call ahead to notify us.
Should you meet the requirements, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact – 021 3001314
Date Posted: 27/02/2018