+ 27 21 300 1314
V769 Permanent Sea Point
Our client, a 5 Star Hotel is looking for a Maintenance Manager to:
Keep all equipment in good repair with a minimum of downtime by providing day-to-day maintenance of the hotel. And to complete maintenance work orders from all departments on a timely basis by following hotels standard operating procedures.
Continually work towards and support the improvement of engineering service to guests, other departments and fellow staffs.
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Respond and attend to guest repair requests.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests per company standards anticipate and address guests.
- Understand and operate advanced electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, and boiler systems.
- Communicate with different types of people to comprehend what they want and to provide them with information and assistance.
- Check for new maintenance requests from the PMS (Property Management System) and update remarks once the task is completed.
- Update themaintenance work order form / Job card and file them.
- Ability to interpret readings from meters & gauges and other measuring units.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments.
- Ability to work under pressure situations and exercise good judgements.
- Ability to focus attention on details, speed and accuracy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of hotel guests and pertinent hotel information.
- Ability to ensure security of guest room access and hotel property.
- Ability to read and understand test equipment, measuring devices, and safety manuals.
- Preform maintenance activities in the guest room like plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing all types of hardware, electrical equipment including lamps, air conditioners / HVAC and AC ducts.
- Perform maintenance activities in hotel public areas like plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing all types of hardware, plumbing and electrical equipment and cosmetic items.
- Program TV’s and perform general housekeeping and engineering-related inventory duties.
- Test, troubleshoot and perform basic repair on all types of equipment.
- To clean, lubricate, protect, and otherwise maintain all tools and equipment in the hotel.
- To operate as an independent mechanic by analysing problems, identifying courses of action, and implementing solutions with available resources and to a high degree of quality.
- To be available for any emergencies and act in engineering capacity to protect guests and associates, and preserve the building and its systems during the emergency.
- To monitor fire Alarm / Life Safety System systems as necessary, to be fully informed of the system operation and to handle emergencies involving the systems.
- Read and understand blueprints, schematic drawings, and technical parts breakdown.
- Carry out specific oral and written instructions.
- Maintain maintenance inventory and requisition parts and supplies as needed.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance is clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- Maintains the hotel facility and related equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Engineering Supervisor or Chief Engineer.
- Train and instruct other members of the staff through sharing of knowledge and skills.
- To be able to work in a neat and efficient manner, keeping work areas clean and well organised. Ability to multi-task in busy environment and adheres to hotel the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in the hospitality sector with a good understanding of English, both written and oral.
Should you meet the requirements, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact – 021 3001314
Date Posted: 30/03/2016