+ 27 21 300 1314
Regional IT Manager
V975 Permanent Cape Town
Our client, a luxury 5 Star Hotel, based in Cape Town is seeking a Regional IT Manager.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the IT systems and IT department, providing service and support for the businesses/entities in Southern Africa.
- Work towards ensuring high levels of employee engagement within the department.
- Guide and manage employees in the department, with an aim to work as a well-functioning team, able to set examples and foster inter-departmental relationships.
- Implement the IT strategy in order to support the company’s strategic objectives.
- As a member of the IT Management Team be responsible for the overall management and performance of information technology and systems in the region.
- Implement agreed strategies and associated plans.
- Implement and maintain the company wide standards and policies.
- Develop, maintain and review the company project program in partnership with the Deputy Head of IT.
- Ensure projects are delivered on schedule that meets the agreed objectives and business needs.
- Manage and review IT projects.
- Be responsible for the management of IT and systems risk and compliance.
- Lead the IT department and ensure that the staff is aligned with Belmond’s vision, mission, values and strategic priorities.
- To communicate and provide recommendations to the Deputy Head of IT.
- Ensure the continued, uninterrupted operation of the hotel, regional offices and other business units, IT infrastructure and systems required for the company’s services, secure from threats and operating within agreed performance metrics.
- Plan and manage the departmental budget and the IT capital expenditure program for the assigned region.
- Implement a continuous measurement, review, audit and benchmarking process to monitor the security, capacity and performance of systems.
- Negotiate and monitor Service Level Agreements (SLA) for local systems/vendors. Monitor and Report performance on centrally agreed SLA’s for the business unit.
- Work with the Deputy Head of IT to plan schedules and priorities and respond to any major issues.
- Must be able to as well as willing to travel and or be seconded to other business units/entities as well as be prepared to work outside of office hours.
Required Qualifications & Experience
- MSCE (Including MS SQL), CompTIA or similar professional certification. Bachelor or equivalent in computer science + Essential Skills, advantageous.
- 5 Years’ experience in Hospitality IT Management for a known/established hotel group.
- Must have expertise knowledge of TCP/IP, IT Infrastructure, Windows Operating systems (both server and client), Windows AD, Converged Networks (Voice, Data Video), HP/Cisco Networking, IT Security, Voice Systems, Hospitality HSIA, Oracle Hospitality products, SQL and Oracle Databases, Service Now ITSM & ITIL 3.0
- Exceptional communication, organisational & administrative skills.
Should you meet the requirements, please email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact – 021 3001314
Date Posted: 27/10/2017