+ 27 21 300 1314
V640 Permanent Cape Town, Durban, Johannesburg, Port Elizabeth
MY Client is looking for young, talented and driven professionals to join the Private Clients Cape Town team in the role as a Wealth Planner. This role will be responsible for the securing of new high and ultra-high net wealth clients for the Company through signing the client’s lump sum investments to My Client suite of local and offshore Personal Share Portfolio (PSP) and Fund investment products.
The role must be able to prospect and source private clients through My Client established Professional and Lifestyle Networks, as well as through direct business thereby increasing the My Client Funds Under Management (FUM) as well as establishing and growing the Wealth Planner’s client book. These Networks are the focus of new private client business acquisition due to the resources and business development that My Client has established. Wealth Planners with a unique and/or established lead and client source will be particularly successful in their attainment of FUM in our target and performance driven environment.
Wealth Planners are defined in the My Client environment as motivated, driven, organised and accountable investment advisory and planning professionals who are able to operate with a sales orientated business while always acting ethically and compliantly toward all private clients.
Potential candidates with lump-sum investment books of business to bring across pose a value proposition to My Client and as such may be offered a beneficial deal around the on boarding of their client book.
Key Areas & Responsibilities
- Acquisition of new private clients and their lump sum investments into My Client PSP and/or Fund products resulting in an increase in FUM for My Client and the Wealth Planners’ book.
- Creation of a pipeline of producing new business from My Client Lifestyle and Professional Networks as well as through direct and organic business.
- Servicing of existing private clients in line with My Client high standards of servicing in the Private Wealth industry.
- Compliance in terms of the Wealth Planner’s regulatory status with My Client and the FSB, as well as ensuring any and all client documentation, in particular Records of Advice, are fully compliant and embody the maxim of Treating Customers Fairly.
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong and fundamental understanding and knowledge of Financial Markets, Securities and Financial Instruments being Equities, Fixed Income, Bonds, Listed Property & Cash Instruments as well as Local and Foreign Investment Schemes.
- A good understanding of local and global economic fundamentals.
- A good understanding of the various client needs and risk profile analysis tools and approaches used to meet client’s varying financial objectives.
- Rapid learning ability to understand and grasp the My Client business model and the products and services offered within the Group.
- Awareness and cognisance of competitor activities and offerings.
- A honed sales technique allowing for the Wealth Planner to interact, sell and develop a personal relationship with a mature demographic of high and ultra-high net wealth private clients.
- Computer literate and technologically savvy.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Recognised tertiary qualification in a finance related field such as a BCom, BBusSc or a wealth management/investment management qualification.
- A completed Postgraduate Diploma in Financial Planning would be advantageous. An in progress completion of the above will also be considered advantageous.
- Written and passed the Representative (RE5) exam and are currently on an FSP’s license as a Representative giving advice and providing an intermediary service.
- Has been licensed for the following subcategories on a Category 1 FSP license (can be under supervision for selected sub-categories): 1.3., 1.20., 1.4., 1.5., 1.8., 1.9., 1.10., 1.11., 1.12., 1.14., 1.17., 1.18.
- 2-5 years’ experience as a Private Client Wealth Manager, with experience in high and ultra-high net wealth investment advisory and planning, financial planning and estates planning. 5+ years advantageous.
- Valid driver’s license.
Should you meet the requirements, please email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact – 021 3001314
Date Posted: 15/05/2017